Your personal information is so important to me, and this document explains how I take care of it.
Our website address are:
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The personal data we hold include personal data you provide to us in person, via our websites or by telephone, including personal and contact details (such as your first name, last name, date of birth, gender, billing address, email address, mobile number, health details) you supply when booking a class, signing up for the first time and signing up to our newsletter via Soul Aktive or AMI Power Yoga or Sophie Sanders.
Aside from health data, we regard the use and processing of the above personal data within the obligation of a contract entered into with me when purchasing our services. Without it, we could not provide the services we do (i.e., yoga classes, trainings, workshops, etc.).
We may use this information for the purposes of providing, monitoring, assessing and marketing Soul Aktive or AMI or Sophie Sanders. We may also use your personal data to inform you of information, new features, offers, services, and products from time to time. If you do not wish to receive information regarding offers and studio news, you can opt out from our newsletter at anytime.
We collect special category health data optionally as it may be in the vital interest of a data subject should there be a risk to health and where these details may prevent further injury or risk.
We reserve the right to take audio, photo and video recordings in the studio and during classes. We hold the full rights and rights to use such recordings for print and online marketing Sophie Sanders / AMI Power Yoga. We will endeavour to inform participants when such recordings are made and considers the processing of this data in accordance with its legitimate interests for business monitoring, training requirements (internal only) and improvement to the studio and its working practices.
We do also collect financial data, which includes personal data which relates to your finances, such as your bank account and payment card details and information which we collect from you for the purposes of the prevention of fraud. We use Paypal and Stripe, which would have their own General Data Protection policy in place.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain your personal data directly from you, either in person (at our studio or otherwise), via our website or by telephone. This could include personal data which you provide when you:
- Purchase our products or services
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Sign up for a free e-book, tips and any online resources
- Request information on our services or products or for other marketing to be sent to you
- Enter into a competition or promotion
- Complete a survey from us or give us feedback
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING (FOR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA USERS)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- we need it to provide you with our services, provide customer support and personalised features and to protect the safety and security of our services;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we are a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Singapore and, if you are an individual located in the EEA, to third parties that reside outside the EEA.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to SIngapore privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act ,
Where the disclosure of your personal information is subject to GDPR, you acknowledge that there are risks if the third party outside the EEA engages in any act or practice that would contravene the GDPR and where there is no adequacy decision in place with the country outside the EEA or appropriate safeguards in place with the third party.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We use your date to provide my services, fulfil orders and purchases, conduct promotional campaigns, maintain our websites and services to you, ask for your feedback, and inform you of any products or services we are able to offer you.
We may also use/share the Information in one of the following ways:
- When required to process your purchase, or provide additional support
- With third-party promotional and marketing partners, on rare occasion
- With third-party companies who provide or process order fulfilment, technical assistance, or other services that will help me provide a better service to you
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sophie Sanders or others.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information:
• Google Analytics
• Name Cheap
• Google Drive
BASIS OF SHARING
This Policy only applies to the collection and use of Personal Data by Sophie Sanders and our websites. It does not cover third party sites to which we provide links, even if such sites are co-branded with our logo. We do not share your Personal Data with third party websites and we are not responsible for the privacy and conduct practices of these third party websites, so you should read their own privacy policies before disclosure of any Personal Data to these websites.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites which you may have linked or been directed to Sophie Sanders’ websites.
Please remember that any information you provide us is given by you on a voluntary basis. Any information you share publicly whilst on one of our websites may be seen by others (such as in chat rooms, webinars or comment or chat area) – so bear that in mind when sharing. Sophie Sanders is not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our websites (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee in order to meet your requests. Upon payment of the requisite fee, your request shall be processed within a reasonable time.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We take all commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside Sophie Sanders' websites unless with expressed consent, other than to you or as described in this Policy. Please bear in mind, however, that with all the best will in the world – information can easily fall into the wrong hands. we cannot guarantee the security of my databases, not can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from me over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from my Websites may not be secure, and we would encourage you to take care in deciding which information you send to me via email.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
There are several types of cookies:
• Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
• Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
• First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
• Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Web beacons are small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites and services that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour.
Sophie Sanders' websites do not intentionally target nor attract children under the age of 16 years old. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 years old or send them requests for personal data.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For the purpose of relevant data protection legislation, we are the controller of the personal data you provide to us and as a controller, we use the personal data we hold on you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us or if you need to contact us in connection with our use of your personal data, then these should be directed to the Data Privacy Manager, Sophie Sanders via email: firstname.lastname@example.org